Sunday, May 11, 2008

sorry for not posting in awhile, I know I am a jerk and don't deserve people like you to read about my ranting but if you could forgive me thanks!

To all those I adore,

Sorry it has been a long long time since I posted, a really long time. Well things have been busy around here so I have an excuse this time. My birthday went over well, of course I can only speak on behalf of the parts I remember (speaking of the night before). But I had a very good birthday probably the best one I have had in 8 years. I am not sure it could have been better. My parents came down and visited which was awesome. They are coming again in June to visit me and other family.

Hmmm oh yeah Kailey and I bought a house. We have not moved in yet. We closed last Friday and have been painting since. We are finishing it up today, for any of you out there who have not painted before let me tell you to double your expected budget because it is always more than you would predict. The house we bought is three bedrooms upstairs a giant living room and kitchen, it is an open floor plan. We painted the living room and kitchen a very light blue. Downstairs the only part of the basement that is finished is the family room and we painted that a blueish green color and it is very bright and cheerful down there. The house kind of gives you that beachy feel, impossible to explain but that is what we liked. Nice bright soothing colors. Eventually we will finish the master bedroom, the two other bedrooms, and the two baths. But for now we are content with what we have done. The majority of the painting has taken place over 2 days and today we will finish the rest except for the tiny tiny paint brush we will need for some touch up. But that can come later.

Lets see what else is new, oh yeah we are getting a dog on Thursday. We have both been wanting a dog for a very long time but felt it would be cruel to try and raise it in an apartment especially for the type of dog we wanted. It is kind of a funny story yesterday we went to PetCo just to look at some dogs that were up for adoption and we both fell for this 5 month old golden retriever/black lab mix. We both wanted to adopt because it really is saving an animal so we adopted him. We are moving this week into our house and will pick up the pup on Thursday. We are very excited about this.

I am ready to get out of this apartment, I think we have really outgrown this space and need more. Right now it feels very cluttered. So I am excited to start getting over there. At first we were just going to paint our basement and bedroom but after awhile of digging her heels in Kailey convinced me this is the time to paint and we might as well get it over with. So we are painting everything but the rooms and baths now. Anyways I know I am a jerk for not posting pictures of our new bungalow, however I would prefer to have all our crap in there first. So keep your panties on pictures are coming soon.

Well I am not sure when the heck we will have the Internet again in our new house. So I hope to see you soon. Oh yeah and I will probably be getting rid of my cell phone because I do not really use it much at all.

Love and kisses,
~Rick

To leave you with a quote:
"I drank what?"
~Socrates

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Richelieu,
Just found your comment on my (defunct) blog. So the big day is Oct. 4th? Wish I could, but don't think I can make it :( Congratulations all the same.